Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting the combustion chamber ready for firing up

I have been getting the Combustion Chamber ready for the oncoming fire up. The return nozzle has been cleaned (gathered a fair bit of gunk on the gauze during water testing) and I have fitted the brass nozzle holder to the end of the CC. I re-cut all the threads and De-burred the holes whilst it was all apart and after first tests I will be removing the Flame Tube and tidying that up a bit also. All flat mating steel to steel faces will be Carborundum paste and a glass sheet polished to ensure they are flat creating a no leaks joint. The whole frame, turbo's, Oil tank etc etc will all be dismantled after first testing and all polished and painted up. There is no point in spending time doing it all now until I have found out if the engine is going to run OK and amended any problems.






No comments: