Wednesday, May 09, 2007

First Oil Test Go Ahead

Tonight, after tightening up all the Speedflow connections and adding an oil pressure gauge, I filled the tank to the required level of oil and added some volts to the oil pump. At 24vdc the oil pressure is around 200PSI which is obviously far too high and I noticed a very small trickle of oil behind the turbine wheel of one of the turbochargers so I quickly switched it off !
I then tried the pump running at 12vdc and was getting around 100PSI which is still too high so I then introduced the ESController into the equation and have now got adjustable pressure from 10-100PSI. The pump at 60PSI seems to only just be ticking over and what I find a little strange is that according to the details on the side of the pump motor it should only be able to deliver 60PSI (4Bar) at 24vdc ?





No comments: