Thursday, May 17, 2007

I am going to try a 6 Bar Pressure Release Valve in the oil system line and see what that will do - I will attach it with a Tee junction to the feed out to the oil pressure gauge that way it will not ruin the Speedflow hose set up too much.
90Psi has got to be safer than 200Psi !


I did some more tests last night with the fuel nozzle/proportional
valve set up and found that when I totally removed the proportional
valve from the nozzle return feed there still wasn't enough return
flow to reduce the nozzle mist down to a required level. It seems
the return feed is restricted inside the return nozzle housing. I
may have to drill it out in order to get the required return flow to
be able to have enough 'swing' in the final output fuel levels into
the CC.
I also tried the new 2mm aperture prop valve but it struggled to be
able to hold back the pressure from the pump once opened. Worst
comes to the worst I will run both valves in parallel hydraulically
and electrically, that would then give me 3.6mm of aperture to play
with.

I have acquired 4 stainless castle nuts and am going to try and
manufacture my own Bendix arrangement incorporating the nuts where
the side faces of the castles are chamfered in a way that they will
engage one way and release turning the other.
If the Bendix arrangement wont work then I will have to resort to a solenoid arrangement where the solenoid moves the castle spigots in and out of mesh.

No comments: